New Ride Leaders
Would you like to become a Ride Leader?
WSCC has a process for recruitment and training which supports potential ride leaders to enable them to conduct club rides according to the club ethos.
If you are an aspiring ride leader you will
- ride regularly with the club and be well versed on how we do things
- be familiar with the content of our Ride Guidelines and Guidelines for Leaders sections on our website
- be invited by the Rides Secretary to consider becoming a Ride Leader or you may approach the Rides Secretary to indicate your desire to be considered for the role (the decision to proceed will be at the discretion of the Rides Secretary)
- lead small segments of 3-4 rides under the supervision of an experienced ride leader
- demonstrate the skills necessary to the role during a whole day “check ride” as if you were a qualified leader
- be observed and commended by two experienced ride leaders
- be registered officially with Cycling UK
- be announced by the Rides Secretary on your appointment