Subject: Party in the Park 2014
We will be running another Party in the Park event this year on Saturday 5 July from 12pm – 6pm in Woking Park and we are now taking expressions of interest from all sports clubs in the Borough.
For those of you who are unaware of the event please see information here which gives details about last years event – http://www.celebratewoking.info/aboutpartyinthepark2013.aspx. It is a family event with music, dance, food and sport, which would provide a fantastic chance for your club to advertise themselves to 8,000 local people.
If you are able to attend would you be able to answer the following questions to express your interest:
– What activity would you be able to provide (any images you may have would be great)?
– Would you have support from your NGB to do this (I know some NGB’s have a pool of equipment/money to support events like this)?
– How much space would this activity require?
– Do you have enough volunteers to man the activity from 12pm-6pm on a Saturday?
– Do you have PLI up to £5million?
– We would not charge you a pitch fee this year if you were happy to provide a free activity with an opportunity to publicise your club to 8,000 local people?
I look forward to hearing back you and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Matt Glazier | Sports Development Officer | Neighbourhood Services
Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6YL
Phone: 01483 743804 | Fax: 01483 768746 | Web: www.woking.gov.uk
For general enquiries please call the Contact Centre on 01483 755855
Surrey Youth Games 2014 www.woking.gov.uk/syg
To access free taster sessions in sports across the borough, please fill in the online form to register your interest.