Your support for this vital funded project is needed to ensure its implementation Without support, it will not be implemented.
WSCC routes cycle along London Road in Guildford, where close passes are frequent.
Surrey County Council has funding to implement a new walking and cycling route and is inviting you to have a say at https://burpham-activetravel.commonplace.is/
- People who live and travel through Burpham are being encouraged to give their views on proposals for a cycle and walking route between New Inn Lane roundabout, Burpham and York Road crossroads, Guildford, including Boxgrove roundabout.
- The route is designed to make walking and cycling safer and easier for residents to access key destinations such as local schools and the town centre, in a more sustainable way.
- Plans for road closures which would need to be implemented if the scheme goes ahead, have been revised to reduce disruption. These include:
- No road closures during the day
- No traffic lights in place during the day
- Any closures to enable works to take place at night only, whilst still allowing access for residents
- A survey is available on https://burpham-activetravel.commonplace.is/ from today (18 September) until 13 November 2023. The site also contains additional information about the scheme and its delivery.
- www.G-BUG.org also presents links and scheme comment.